Compliance & Ethics
today's globalized environment of operations, the home governments of
multinational enterprises have raised the level of regulatory controls on
international trade, investment and financial transactions, as well as
corporate conduct. They have also
increased demands on the private sector to develop detailed compliance
programs, whose policies and procedures have to be monitored and enforced.
Multinationals face the challenge of implementing those programs, while operating in areas with widely diverse business cultures, market structures, and local regulatory and legal frameworks.
We have conducted numerous investigations on
alleged or suspected violations of corporate code-of-conduct policies. They typically include:
- Conflict of Interest
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Any abuse of authority vested in an individual for personal gain.
AGI assists clients in the implementation of compliance programs by providing investigative support typically related to the following:
- Possible violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Identifying the possible and previously unknown involvement of government agencies or individual officials in trade, investment or financial transactions.
- The use of intermediaries in pursuing, negotiating or administering projects that may involve local government participation.
- Potential violations of economic or trade sanctions.
- Circumventing local government regulations.